Wednesday, July 22, 2009

avoiding the negative agreement


Sometimes the client will make a negative statement. They might not even know they make it or that it is negative and sometimes they do. We are going to show you how to handle it so we don't agree with it.Mrs. Jones: Johnny would love that!Sales Magi: Wouldn't he? (pause) Mrs. Jones, what it the most important thing for you when it comes to Johnny's party?Mrs. Jones: I want Johnny to have fun, he got picked on last year in school and now this year, everyone wants to be his friend.Sales Magi: Imagine how Johnny will feel when he is on stage and all his friends are watching him eagerly, can you imagine that?Mrs. Jones: Yes, I can. Johnny has always wanted to help a magician. We went on vacaion and there was a magician there and Johnny didn't get to help him, he talked about the magic show all the way home.Sales Magi: from what you just told me, Mrs. Jones, helping a magician seems pretty important to Johnny doesn't it?Mrs. Jones: Yes it does. But, I am still worried about the price.Sales Magi: I understand, but price isn't as important as Johnny having a great time and helping the magician is it? (pause)Mrs. Jones: Well, I guess not.Sales Magi: Mrs. Jones, you can find a cheaper magician but the thing is, the cheapest is not always the best, don't you agree? Do you go out to dinner Mrs. Jones?Mrs. Jones: YesSales Magi: Mrs. Jones, do you order the cheapest thing on the menu or do you get what you are hungry for?Mrs. Jones: Well, I get what I want to eat.Sales Magi: See cheap is not always the best thing is it?Mrs. Jones; No I guess you got me on that one.Okay, I think you see what we did there and why we did it. Not every conversation will go that way. The fact is, it made her restate the objection and you closed it. The truth is, after you close it, it might come up once again - if that happens, re-close it. Just like a door!This is all about the sales process. You must understand how the customer is thinking and handle their objections. You must carry on the conversation that the customer is having in his or her own mind already.

Original :: avoiding the negative agreement


No comments: