Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the value of sales work ethics


Some will say that it is because of their looks, who they know, that they are presented with the best opportunities, or that they are just plain lucky. How about the fact that successful people are more often than not HARD WORKERS and do not need others to motivate them to make their move to become successful. This concept is called Sales Work Ethic!When I was growing up I played many sports; baseball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, and football. I always wanted to be a professional athlete but knew it would not be easy. In high school I held my own as a pitcher and continued my baseball career in college. I had a coach my sophomore year (Coach Lee) who told me I would never be a professonal athlete. This comment alone moved my emotional state to a point where I wanted to prove to him, and anyone else who doubted me that they were WRONG. For the next 3 years I got up 5 days a week to throw to a tire. I threw 100 balls every 3rd day from center field to home to improve my strength and when the coaches told us to run one mile I ran two. I was motivated, driven and failure was not an option. In 2004, I made it to the pro league. People told me it was because I had a work ethic like no other, and it was because I learned a few things during those trying times that it lead to the value of my sales work ethics.1. Tell me I cannot do something and I will show you I can or die trying.
2. Doing most things that others are unwilling to do (such as sacrifice) will get you further.
3. Having a work ethic comes from within.Look at all the people you have worked with over the years and ask yourself this question; "The top 20%, what did they do that others did not?" I assure you the answers you will find look like this:1. They were always early to work and always the last to leave
2. They were confident and hated to lose
3. They had a positive attitude
4. They spent personal time searching for ways to become better
5. They accomplished all the things their employer asked of them and moreHaving a great sales work ethic starts and finishes with you. You have to go home to your family every day, look them in the eye and say "I gave it 100% today and this was my reward." Or "I did not give it 100% today and because of it I did not make the money I could have." You, your attitude, and your self-drive determine your outcome. Nobody can make you successful but you. So if you do not like where you are currently in your career, make a change. The first place I would look is at your work ethic and dedication, and if there is something you can do to make a positive difference in the outcome of your success.

Original :: the value of sales work ethics


No comments: