Tuesday, July 20, 2010

great tips for getting more referral


Are you truly grateful?Or just too busy...Saying thank you to someone is one thing, but demonstrating appreciation is another.So this week I would like to talk to you about acknowledgment and appreciation.A common question I get asked is - What can I do to get more referral business?It's simple.Acknowledgment and appreciation.It's the little things that matter and if you are not doing these things then frankly you are taking your customers and clients for granted. Never a good thing considering how competitive the market is and how many choices today's consumer has.So how do you show Acknowledgment and Appreciation?1) Hand Written thank you cards/notesAfter every deal my clients get a peronalized thank you for the business. In my opinion this is as IMPORTANT to your business as prospecting and marketing. Think about it, who do you think is more likely to give you more business? Someone who has never used you before or someone who has used your product or service and had a great experience with you? The answer seems fairly obvious, but you will be amazed at how many sales people and business owners are to lazy to send out thank you cards.2) 1 year business anniversary letters with something of value attached.Not only do I thank clients for doing business with me, they get get an anniversary letter from me every year thanking them - plus I include some sort of special promotion - just for them - again personalized.3) Christmas CardsIf you want to make a real impact - hand deliver them over a lunch. Christmas time is my favorite time of the year, and not just for the reasons you might think. I love visiting people and it's a great time of the year to strengthen existing relationships!4) The Follow Up CallA 2 minute follow call cannot be stressed enough. There is simply no reason as a sales rep not to know how you are doing with your clients/customers. "Heh Bob, how's everything? How did we do on our last order?"5) Invitations to trade shows / conventionsI like to send customers 2 to 4 FREE invitations to trade shows and conventions and ask them if they know anyone in our industry that might also like to go. This way my client looks good because they are the one doing the inviting, and it's a win for me because I get to meet more prospects who are introduced to me personally by my client base.So the next time you are pondering "getting more referrals" think appreciation and acknowledgment!Do you someone who needs help with their cold calling skills?How to cold call anyone, anywhere, without fear of rejection! Stop your prospect from what they are doing, get their full undivided attention and have them instantly build rapport with you! CLICK HERE! [http://www.salesmasterybook.com/Order%20Cold%20Calling%20E-Book.html]

Original :: great tips for getting more referral


No comments: