Sunday, April 25, 2010

are you practicing what you preach


I suddenly found myself trying to go back to my old ways and find customers and not let them find me. Wow I really was going in circles and just not thinking. I know what my product is and how it works and will work for others, so why in the world would I be trying to find customers who would think I am wasting their time. I stopped and thought I am going to do this the way it should be done.I came home and started e-mailing and doing the things that I know works. I know sometimes we will go back to our old way of thinking and try to force things to go, but I am glad I caught myself and decided to do it right. I know how business works and can get the job done as well as show someone elsehow it works. I have been in the business world for a while and know what changes have taken place in the last few years. Many times I have seen changes and have developed ways to change with them.Go to an automobile dealership, for instance they are in a slump right now as an overall business, but there are dealers that are still making money and selling automobiles because they have changed from that get the sale today attitude. They offer customers new ideas and will not pressure them at all, what a relief. They will offer you coffee and conversation and yes even give you a price and let you go home and think about it. If you have ever purchased an automobile you know that is a real change.Another place of interest now days is the electronic stores, they are a good place to get a lesson in how not to be a salesperson. They only want to sell you the big ticket items and let you fend for yourself on the items that are not going to make them a good commission. They are just order takers and will never succeed until they realize the value of a customer. If the companies they work for would just let them know the value of customers, then some of them would succeed and double their incomes in a short time.The focus is what needs to be stressed and I myself get off track once and a while. Maintain your strategy and focus on the ways that are most effective and your success are for sure to come. I am like many of you out there and want my success yesterday, but be patient and stay focused and the goals you have set will be within reach. Do not let the fear of failure get the best of you, we will have some failures accept them and go after the next success.

Original :: are you practicing what you preach


No comments: